AARBA – The Association for the Advancement of Radical Behavior Analysis – has been, until today, the Italian Chapter (one of the Affiliated Chapters) of ABA International, the Association for Behavior Analysis.
We are now glad to announce that AARBA, together with AIAMC, has been recognized as the Italy Associate Chapter of ABAI: a partner association that shares ABA's goals and modus operandi. AARBA becomes integral part of the most important and influential community of scientific psychology in the Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)'s field. All AARBA's members are now officially also ABAI's members.
This makes AARBA one of the only two Associate Chapter of ABA in Europe and represents a big step toward the internationalization of our association.
Worldwide, there are only 3 ABAI Associate Chapters, from which the Italian Scientific Association:
AARBA – AIAMC in Italy
FRENCH ABA in France
HOOSIER ABA in Indiana (U.S.A)
The benefits this change brings to our current and future members are the following:
Automatic subscription to ABA International;
Access to the ABAI web portal, reserved for ABAI members.
Electronic subscriptions to ABAI e-newsletters;
Subscription to the ABAI's association periodical: Inside Behavior Analysis;
Subscription to the scientific journal: The Behavior Analyst.
ABAI Affiliate Chapters Board
AARBA is not only part of the ABAI Italy Associate Chapter, but it’s also a member of the ABAI Affiliate Chapters Board, whose mission is “assisting and supporting the affiliated chapters of ABAI".
ABAI Affiliate Chapters Board primary goals and primary activities:
– provide resources to chapters to facilitate their growth
in impact on society
in promoting behavior analysis as a science and a profession
– provide guidance to chapters regarding questions and challenges they encounter
– inform chapters regarding developments in ABAI, the profession, and society relevant to them
– assist groups interested in forming chapters in their doing so
– maintain the affiliate chapters board as a strong, constructive source of assistance and support for chapters
– advise and assist ABAI CEO and Executive Council regarding matters related to chapters